Tuesday 25 March 2014

Of random things











Spring seems to finally be showing signs of appearing! Bright blue skies are a definite improvement on wind and rain and floods (we escaped the worst of that, thankfully). The trees are starting to show signs of life and the magnolia in my front garden is flowering. I do love my magnolia, but I did get a bit of magnolia-envy at the weekend when I saw one with purple flowers outside my husband's office!










We braved the road into London on Sunday and went to IKEA in Wembley. I've only driven inside the M25 a couple of times before (both trips to Kew Gardens) so it was a bit of an adventure, especially when we realised we were dangerously close to running out of fuel on the motorway. I love going to IKEA. I always see so many things I want to buy. We had a list though, and we're very good and only bought one thing that wasn't on it (a new silicon whisk, as I broke ours recently). The shelves pictured are the reason we went; decent, solid reliable shelves for storing board games and Games Workshop modelling stuff.

The only other really exciting thing that happened this week is that I finally got my very own iPad (a hand-me-down from my husband who has just upgraded). So I'm testing out posting using the Blogpress app. It'll take some getting used to, I think!


1 comment:

  1. Spring is making a showing here in Seattle but today is gray and rainy and blustery--Hmmm....I guess kind of like Spring should be sometimes! Glad you didn't run out of gas and that your trip to IKEA was successful. My son Sam works at an IKEA 10 minutes from my home in the lighting department and is actually my second son to hold a job there. Now that I know short cuts to get to where I want to go in that place, I don't mind going anymore. Lucky you to get the Ipad--I am hoping to finally get a laptop when my son is done wiping clean his old one--big times in my little world!
    Have a great week-
    xxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...