Sunday 5 August 2012

Year of Projects update 5th August


Just a quick one from me today, as I've worked exclusively on non-YoP projects this week! What I have done though is add a project to my list.

Quant by Star Athena

I've been wanting to knit this for a while now, ever since I included it as a pattern in a swap parcel, along with the Crystal Palace Taos yarn recommended. Seeing another entrelac project over at Stitched Together this week reminded me that I had this pattern in my queue, and the need to order more yarn for my sofa bed afghan led to me searching through the Deramores site for a suitable yarn for this pattern, as I was only a pound short of the free postage!

I've decided to go for James C Brett Monsoon, as it knits up beautifully in entrelac, as demonstrated by these projects on Ravelry. I've chosen shade 7, which apparently looks like this:

Photo stolen from the Deramores website

We shall see how accurate that is when the yarn arrives in the next few days!

16 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten all about that pattern. I even have yarn that will work. Another project to add to my queue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. The head warmer and the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the head warmer. I've not done enterlac yet but it looks so lovely. Will be interested to hear how you get one with the James C Brett, I've not used that before but see it many times on Deramores, one of my favourite sites for yarn lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty yarn! Look forward to seeing the finished project :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen @ Baby Is Boss!5 August 2012 at 18:29

    Pretty yarn.  I look forward to seeing how it knits up in the pattern. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so need to learn enterlac.  It is so pretty.  Love your colors that you chose.  Can't wait to see it completed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool, love the colors.  Your's is the 2nd such item I've seen today in my blog walk....might have to add it to my list too, but then....trying to keep it, the list under control, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ChiefKnitterMMOS5 August 2012 at 22:01

    I can't seem to order less than $50 worth of books, or $75 worth of yarn ... can't resist free shipping!
    Love the colour you've chosen; lucky swap partner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adding a project is almost like working on one isn't it?  I mean really...the decision making, picking the yarn, ordering the yarn...I mean let's face it...that's a lot of work!  It should be called a project in and of itself!  Not even counting how you have to juggle finances around to be able to afford it all.  That takes time and talent!   You go girl!  I love the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is gorgeous yarn-- and I am proud of you for doing what needed to be done to get that free shipping! ;)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice!  I can't wait to see it knit up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've favorited that one as well, and I love the yarn you've chosen! Also think  the platypus on a previous post is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It'll be fun to read along and watch you try entrelac. I wanna try that one day. That's a great colored yarn to use.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Robin Brzozowski7 August 2012 at 04:35

    Entrelac is so cool. It's on my list too, but in crochet. Love the new yarn choice (I'm always a sucker for purples!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm planning to learn entrelac this year as part of YOP, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it!  The yarn color looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...