Wednesday 22 June 2011

WIP Wednesday in a rush

Ok, so you recall last week me talking about my poncho I was going to reverse engineer? I got started on it this week. I managed a grand total of three motifs, before my magpie tendancies saw me starting another project which also required the pale brown yarn. So, I haven't done as much as I thought I would have by now, but at least I do have this much to share:


The mystery project I needed the yarn for? A secret surprise project I'm afraid, so no details to share yet. Although if you want a sneak peek at the finished project, you can see it in my Ravelry projects. Once I've gifted it, I will share in full, as it was a really fun and challenging project.

Following on from the success of my mystery secret project, I started another project which has been sat in my Ravelry queue for ages; the Baby Snow Dragon. My original intent was to make it as a gift, but as I was sewing him together last night, Jamie decided he was just too cute, and we have to keep him. So once I've finished this one, I'll have to make another one to give away. Luckily, I over-estimated my yarn requirements, so have more than enough to make another one (I could probably make another two at least, and as it's so quick and easy, I may well do).

the green is brighter than this
My filet panel is growing, I have passed the 50th row (out of 138), with only one further missed stitch! At least this time, I only had to rip back about two thirds of a row. I'm almost at the end of my first ball of thread now. I have finally reached the flowers! It is looking quite good, but I don't have a picture more advanced than the one I shared last week.

Finally, my socks have rested all week, but I think they will be my project of choice for this evening. I should be able to get through the gusset increases and turn the heel today, by which point I will be close enough to finishing that I will just get it done pretty quickly.

For more exciting WIPs, head on over to Tami's to see who else has linked up.

11 comments:

  1. The dragon is going to be SO cute!!! I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little dragon looks like it is going to be super cute! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH! DRAGON! Adorable! Do you have a plan for the face yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for you to make that poncho!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the poncho start... the colors and motifs are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww can't wait to see the dragon! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see how your baby dragon turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very excited to see the Dragon Tink :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always find the pre-assembly step of crochet toys so hilarious. Those little blobs of body parts are funny. Can't wait to see the finished dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love making little amigurumi and more recently, bigger softies as well. But I detest the sewing it all together part. It's nowhere near as much fun as crocheting the pieces. Although, it is lovely to see it all coming together once you get most of it assembled.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You find such interesting crochet motifs to make. Those are really pretty! I'm looking forward to seeing the dragon all put together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...