When I saw the first WIP Wednesday post go up today I thought people had got a bit ahead of themselves; I was sure it was still Tuesday! I guess I haven't properly settled back into my normal routine yet.
So, a bit later than usual, since I had to wait till I got home to take photos, so I'd have some progress to report.
First, something finished! I continued my snood mission, and finished a third design. This one needs a ribbon threading through the edge to tie it on; it looks quite sweet when worn. However, I don't have a photo of me wearing it, and I'm not sure I will be able to wear it in the near future, as I had my hair cut and now it may not be long enough for this one. It's bigger than the others.
I've got three WIPs ongoing. I've made progress on my second sock; I've reached the end of the foot and am about to start the gusset increases.
The only reason I haven't got further than this is that my main crocheting time (roleplay night) has been used to progress on my other main WIP - the daffodil filet panel. It hibernated for a little while, but it is back with a vengeance now!
I had a bit of a heartbreaking moment last week, when I realised I had missed a stitch. Four rows back. I had to rip out close to 800 tiny stitches to correct it, and it took me two days worth of crafting time to get back on track.
I've done fifty rows or so now, over a third of the way through! And I'm only halfway through my first ball of thread, so I think perhaps I was a little overenthusiastic with my ordering! I don't really mind, as it wasn't expensive, and there are plenty of other things I can do with canary yellow crochet thread!
My final WIP of the week is a new one. The weather of late has been perfect for ponchos, and I've been wearing my two relentlessly. Unfortunately, I discovered my older, shop-bought one has developed a hole, where one of the motif joins has snapped.
So first order of business is to fix this hole to leave my old poncho wearable. I have been searching for a yarn I could buy to do this with, but have been unsuccessful. I was all for giving up on it, until my friend very gently pointed out to me last weekend that there were strands the correct shade in the fringe, and I could use one or two of those without detracting from the overall look. Cue my sheepish face. I'd never even considered that!
Here's what it looks like in full:
I love this poncho, but the colours aren't always right for what I want to wear. So I thought I would reverse engineer it, decipher the pattern, and make a new one in more muted colours.
I'm using these (except for the pink, that's too bright!), and have already mocked up a couple of motifs to work out the colour order. I did a sketch on my computer to check my colours looked ok, and I think it's going to work really well.
Going to be a long haul project, I reckon, as although each individual motif is quick to whip up, there are 120 in total! They'll join as I go, though, so it isn't as scary a prospect as you might think! Hopefully, next week I will have some actual progress to show you.
If you haven't already seen everyone else's posts, head on over to Tami's to check them out.