Wednesday 29 August 2012

Sad times


Remember this shawl? I made it last year as part of the first Year of Projects. I wasn't sure what I would do with it, until I realised it would be perfect to wear at LRP events as a scarf to keep my neck warm at night.


I took it with me to the event last weekend, but somehow, somewhere on the Sunday evening I lost it. I searched high and low once I'd realised it was gone, but didn't find it. Sad times.

Fortunately it won't take me long to replace it. It only took a few hours to crochet thanks to the chunky yarn and big hook. All I need to do is decide if I want to make it in the same colour, or choose a different colour just in case someone else has found it and it turns up in a pile of lost property next year.

I think I'd choose one of these five, if I did a different colour

Let me know which colour you think would be good. I've tried to look for colours that are relatively neutral and natural, so it doesn't look out of place in my kit. Also, you've got two days left to enter my giveaway, so please check it out if you haven't already!

4 comments:

  1. OH HEARTBREAK!!!! I think it'd kill me to lose one of my projects, even if it was easy to replace.


    Maybe it'll still turn up somewhere. :) (Or, someone else ended up with it. . . And is loving it as much as you did.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, how sad to lose that! And no one's seen it? I bet someone stole it b/c it was just too beautiful to resist. I like the top and middle colorways in the strip of three colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a shame that it's gone missing, I love that project. I think a different colour would probably be a good plan, as much as I like the original on you, just in case it does turn up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it gets returned to you or that it goes to someone who appreciates it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...