I've been on a bit of roll for the last few weeks of this Year of Projects, with an FO to share every Sunday! After finishing off Kayleigh's baby blanket, I decided what I really wanted to do was more crochet, and small projects that would give me some quick win finishes. Out came the dishcloth cotton!
There's nothing quite like dishcloths for a quick and easy fix. And crocheted dishcloths even more so, as it's so fast!
These were made with Lily Sugar n Creme in the colourways Mod Ombre and Key Lime Pie. I still have 15g of the green and white ball left, which should be enough for another cloth.
The patterns I used were all free:
The Ships Helm Dishcloth by Lily Sugar n Creme
Diamonds Washcloth by Ivory Soap
Waffle Crochet Dishcloth by Chip Flory
Tunisian Sampler Stitch Washcloth by Kara Gunza
The Tunisian Crochet cloth was me experimenting with Tunisian Crochet. I've seen it around on Ravelry and on various other blogs, and thought I ought to give it a try. The tutorials on Kara Gunza's site (Petals to Picots) are really clear and easy to follow. I don't have a Tunisian Crochet hook, so I just used a normal crochet hook. As I only had a small number of stitches, it was just long enough to cope.
I'm not sure I'm going to go any further down the Tunisian Crochet road. I've not really seen any patterns that make me go "wow! I really need to make that", and the patterns I have seen I know I could replicate in knitting or crochet. Plus, if I did want to do anything more involved than a dishcloth, I would need to buy the proper equipment!