Another week, another Year of Projects update! Well, good news to start, as I've cast off Wingspan and it is now sitting in my basket waiting to be blocked. I am reserving judgement so far on if I like it or not, once it's properly finished I will make up my mind.
With that off the needles, I've been working on these this week:
Don't they look so pretty all piled up together! So what are all these projects, lets re-cap.
This is the baby blanket for my work colleague. I ran out of yellow as predicted, and switched to a peach yarn (which looks less pink than these photos would suggest). I think I might run out of peach too before it gets to the size I'm after, so as we don't know the sex of the baby, I might switch to a pale blue to bring it back to gender neutrality. Or a mint green, that might work nicely. Don't think I have a suitable yarn in the stash, so I might have to pop to Hobbycraft and pick something up.
Dragonfly Wings has had a couple more rows added to it since last week, but it's such slow going! I realised a few days ago that the lovely new posh needle I bought to knit Mrs Tumnus was the same size as the cheap bamboo needle I am using for this shawl, so the next row I knit I am going to switch needles. I think using a nicer needle will encourage me to finish this off quicker.
The obnoxious socks are crying out to be finished. It's almost cold enough to switch back to knee high socks under my trousers in the office, and I can't wait to wear these and see what people say! But, I can't wear them until they are done. So I'd better pull my socks up (pun intended) and get some knitting done on these.
Unfortunately, the socks might get pushed to one side for my new project! With Wingspan cast off, that opened up a space in my WIP pile, and I decided it was time to start work on $5 in Paris. Because the skeins are so big, I decided to hand wind the Cascade 220 rather than make a cake. I've gone for the darker blue for the ribbing, and spent ages trying to figure out how many stitches I needed to cast on! The pattern isn't that descriptive on sizing, and I'm still not sure I've got it right. Lots of trying it on as I go I think!