It seems right, somehow, that my first WIP update of 2013 should be about one of my last WIPs from 2012 getting close to completion. As I mentioned on Sunday, I was torn between casting on a new project and finishing off my last long-standing WIP. In the end, I decided to do both, and have been alternating between Momijigari and my new project, Ishbel Beret.
When I picked up the shawl yesterday afternoon, I only had about 5 rows to go.
I knit steadily all afternoon and evening, while we watched our way through both Sherlock Holmes movies. About two rows from the end I realised I'd made a mistake several rows previously, which meant the lace pattern had gone a little wonky on one side. I briefly toyed with the idea of ripping back, but in the end I couldn't face it. Besides, little mistakes prove the finished object was hand crafted!
I eventually finished the bind off at around 11pm. A fourth project for the blocking pile! I really need to get involved with that this week.