With just today and tomorrow to go till the first year is over, I thought I'd give you an update on how Eleonora is progressing.
As you can see, I made it through the rather dull stocking stitch back section, and am motoring my way down the second sleeve. I'm about 20 rows short of starting the cuff. While I might get the sleeve finished by the end of tomorrow, once that is done, I have the monumental task of picking up all the stitches around the body for the border. I doubt I'll get that done this weekend!
Switching back from knitting flat to knitting in the round was easier than I anticipated. I just switched over to my DPNs on my final row of flat knitting, then joined in the round and carried on.
I did discover an error in the pattern, when I got to the decreases halfway down the sleeve. They ought to mirror the increases on the right sleeve (five increases evenly spaced with four plain knit rows inbetween each one) but the directions hadn't been reversed properly and left me with only four decreases. I had to rip back and do it again. This was less scary than anticipated, as I used my circular needle to pick up the stitches in the row I wanted to rip back to, then knit back onto my DPNs from that.
I love how this yarn is knitting up. It is so soft and the stitches look beautiful. I don't think I'm in danger of running out, either, which is good news. I've only just joined my fifth ball and have three left, so depending on how much yarn the border takes up, I may have enough spare to knit something small to go with it. I guess I'll find out when I finally cast off!