Well, as promised on Monday, progress photos for some of my more neglected projects!
I know a fair number of people are quite looking forward to seeing this vest finished (both on- and offline), so just for you, here's some pictures of how it looks today:
|From the front...|
|...and the back.|
You can see how long it's getting now. I'm currently working on the C motifs, which make up the bulk of the bottom half. I've got four more C motifs on my current row, then another six underneath, before I move onto the edge squares, the D and E motifs. In total, I've got 26 motifs left to make. I've just started another ball of yarn, including this one I've got three left, plus some bits. Hopefully I'm still on target to finish before I run out!
I know, I've been a bit lazy with weaving in the ends. The pattern recommends you do each motif as you finish it, because then when you get to the end you're done! But last night I was rushing to get another row done, and decided to abandon end weaving in and save time. I think, unlike my Avalon top, I will block this one before I wear it, so that will be an experience!
As I said on Monday, I've finally got round to working some more on the fingerless cabled mitts. On Sunday morning we relaxed in front of the TV (a rather thought provoking documentary about the nature reserve that has sprung up in the irradiated zone around the Chernobyl nuclear facility), I plucked up my courage and started weaving in ends on the first glove.
So I ripped back the four rounds of ribbing, and got on with more cables! An extra two repeats of the cable pattern, to be precise, before adding back the four rounds of ribbing for the cuff. I also experimented with the thumb hole. If you recall, they look like this:
I'm not going to show you what I've done though, because I'm saving that for my FO post! But it's not a full thumb, I don't think they need that.
I'm sure you've noticed by now, in the first shot above, the horrendous clashing of dye lots!
The original glove is paler and pinker than my new ball. Ultimately, I don't think it matters, because the gloves will match perfectly with each other, and the slightly darker yarn looks like it's almost intentional, as it makes up the cuff and the thumb. It's a design feature, daaahling.
He's coming along nicely. I love this project as it's so simple. Getting the fiddly bit out of the way first (the head) means now all I have to worry about is colour changes, which are easy enough. The pattern could be written better, but it's so simple that's not really an issue. I've got six more repeats for the body and the tail decreasing to do, so it will be a while yet I think, before this is done. He's my "I can't be bothered to work on anything complicated" project, along with the round baby blanket.
So that's my WIPs this week, head on over to Tami's Amis and Ambassador Crochet to see what else folks are working on.