Monday 5 March 2012

Blog Hub Swap Day Six

I really did try to leave the yarn till last, but I couldn't help myself...


I had a feeling Paula had sent me more than the minimum 100g requirement, because the parcel was so big. As my parcel came from America, I was sure the yarn would be something new and exciting, as a lot of the staple yarns you Americans use are not available in this country without extortionate shipping fees.


150g of Knit Picks Capretta, a new merino/cashmere/nylon blend in fingering weight. Paula has clearly done her homework here, because everything about this yarn is perfect for me! I have used Knit Picks before, as we can get hold of some of them from Great British Yarns. It took her a while to get her hands on Chroma for her shop, so I suspect it will be months before she is even able to consider stocking Capretta.

As has been recently admitted, I have a bit of a love affair with merino/cashmere blends, so this is again perfect. It is so beautifully soft, it will be an absolute joy to knit. The colour is wonderful, a deep pink which isn't actually too far off how it looks in the photo.


And even better than that, as you can see from Paula's note above, the name of the colourway is "Fairy Tale". 

I suspect this will become a shawl of some kind. The two I've got nearest the top of my "want" list at the moment are Ishbel (gifted to me recently by a fellow Raveller) and Semele (which was in my parcel yesterday!) and I think either would look wonderful in this yarn. Unless you have any other suggestions..?

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that yarn looks gorgeous :) I want to come and squish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that either shawl would like amazing in that colorway. You reminded me, I really need to order some Knit Picks sometime soon, I'm running low on yarn (the worst!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a Semele in that colorway would be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I vote for Semele too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...