Monday 7 February 2011

More charity crocheting

Just the other day, I read a post on the Crocheting the Day Away blog, about a charity project based in Australia. The project is called Crochet a Rainbow, and is being organised by Sarah London. The idea behind the project is to make blankets/throws in bright, rainbow shades to donate to those affected by the recent flooding in Queensland.




I immediately decided I should take part, and have diverted yarn from the ongoing granny rectangle to make bright grannies for sending to Oz.

As it happened, the colours of acrylic I have form a perfect rainbow! Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple. So far I've done 11 (although I am yet to weave in my ends, so they're not completely finished with), but will try to do more before sending them across.



It doesn't take much time to whip up a few five-round grannies, so I heartily recommend everyone picks up a hook and gets crocheting for such a good cause.

1 comment:

  1. What a great project. Who wouldn't be cheered up by rainbow colors?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...