I very nearly didn't have anything to write about today. In previous WIP Wednesday posts I've had plenty to talk about, as at one stage I had ten projects on the go. Now, I've wound down a little and my focus has moved away from crochet (albeit temporarily - once my exams are over it will be back with a vengeance), so I was looking at my projects last night and realised I only had three WIPs, and not much progress to report on any of them!
Ok, so the Aurora Vest is practically finished. All I have left to do is fix the few motif joins where I didn't quite get it right at the start, and then block it somehow. 50% merino, 50% acrylic, I'm still not sure how to go about this one. I think I will try steaming it with the iron, and if that doesn't work I'll just chuck it in the machine and pin it out afterwards.
I finally got around to blocking my second pair of fingerless lace gloves, so they are done (I will show you on Friday). I even dragged my novelty pom pom scarf out of hibernation and finished that off this week.
Which leaves me with my daffodil filet and the crochet socks, neither of which have seen the light of day all week.
Mostly because I was making myself a pair of slippers.
I'm using my leftover acrylic from the granny square, and I wanted a pair of slippers that were a better fit than the hexagon booties I whipped up last week. I hunted through the Ravelry pattern database, and came up with this pattern for "Room shoes", which is a Japanese pattern, handily translated into written only instructions here. As it requires two strands of DK held together, I decided to use two colours, and I really like the effect I got with the blue and yellow together.
Can't really show you more, as they're finished already and it would spoil the fun on Friday. I do think I will make another pair though, in different colours. The red and purple I have might go nicely together as well.
In my panic at only have three WIPs on my project page last night, I started another project. It's a crocheted Moebius wrap which I am making from my leftover stash of Hayfield Bonus Aran, which is 80% acrylic, 20% wool, and a delightful shade of purple. The wrap will co-ordinate nicely with my cabled hat and gloves (and my sofa, but we'll not mention that...). I have to say, it took some getting my head around, as the pattern's original source doesn't really explain properly how you go about setting it up. Thankfully, I'm not the only person who's been scratching their head over it, and the lovely people over on this thread in the Ravelry forums managed to explain things for me.
But I don't have any pictures of it yet. Sorry. The good folks over at Tami's have more pictures of their WIPs. I promise!