I turned the heel last Wednesday, at roleplay night. I seem to only ever work on this project at roleplay night! Once I'd got my head around the mistakes in the pattern that point you to the wrong stitch marker to start the heel from, it was plain sailing. I've actually done further than this picture shows, as I've worked up a few inches of the ankle now as well.
They are too big for me, but fit Jamie perfectly. So I think they will be his socks. Even though they are pink and purple! I do think I will have a severe case of second sock syndrome though. The half finished one I have from my first attempt (doing it without stitch markers - bad idea) was done with a 4mm hook, but I've used a 3.5mm hook for this one. So I can't just pick that one up and work out where I ought to be with it and carry on. Plus I need to work out how much of the ball of yarn this sock has used up, in case I can squeeze the other sock out of the same ball and save the rest for another project (perhaps another wrap or stole, since my Mum's came out so nice). I think I will have at least one and half balls left over, maybe more. Enough to tackle any number of the shawl patterns in my Ravelry queue!
Not much progress on the others. Haven't touched the filet in a while (it's my other go-to project for roleplay night, you see, so I've been ignoring it in favour of the sock). Still haven't sorted out blocking my Aurora vest, although I plan to do some test motifs using my spare yarn to see which method works best, as I'm still not sure how to approach the 50% acrylic/50% merino blend I used. More on that, when I get around to doing it!
I did start a couple of other projects this week, but they are all finished already, so you'll see those on Friday. I wish I had more exciting progress to report, but between impending exam doom (2 weeks to go!) and the mountain of housework we had to do this week to prepare for new windows (being fitted today), I haven't really had the time to get much done.
For more interesting WIP stories, you know where to go.