The weather has been rather warm here for the last week or so, so knitting shawls and cardigans has been far from the top of my list of priorities! This hasn't halted progress on my list though, as I have finally got around to doing the finishing on my Capucine hats.
The first hat was knit exactly according to the pattern, but gauge issues meant it came out really small. As I'd cut the yarn between stripes instead of carrying the yarn up the side of the work, I couldn't really unravel and re-do in a larger size. It's perfect for a young child, so I will just save it up and give it to someone for Christmas.
For the second hat I reworked the pattern to make it bigger. Unfortunately, this was only a partial success. The circumference is better, but I should have knit more rows before joining in the round and starting the decreases.
All is not lost, however. I can also give this one away and start a third one, using different colours:
The remainder of this lovely bright green and the black I used to make Jamie's gloves. I'm not sure whether I will do stripes like the first hat, or something slightly different. That will depend on how much of each colour I have left I guess! But I will do this one later in the year, as I am quite keen to get back to the Cwtch shawl now the weather is cooling down again.