Friday 4 November 2011

That Friday Feeling

This week has, for various reasons which shall for now remain unspoken, been a rather stressful and hectic one.  The ultimate effect of that on my usual blog topics has been a near-disastrous lack of progress on anything at all. I missed WIP Wednesday and the Yarn Along, even though I have started reading a rather exciting new book and wanted to share.

I do have finished objects to show off, however they are all gifts which have not yet been given, so for now, the ta-da looks like this:


I will post more details when I am able. I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for the recipients.

I now have two projects sitting on the naughty step - I still haven't fixed the snapped yarn in Forest Lace, and I discovered a mistake in my Hypernova that requires frogging back a few rows. I need to be more chilled out to tackle those problems!

See the hole that is in the wrong place, and imagine my tears of frustration
when I discovered the mistake on the way into work on Monday

I have made some progress on the Poncho; my tally of circles now stands at 34 and reaching my target of 120 doesn't seem quite so daunting now.

While I have plenty grey and dark brown remaining,
I will need to get more of the beige soon.

What I really need to get done is my gloves, otherwise I won't get them finished in time for the 18th November. They don't look much different to last weekend, though.


Unfortunately, I made a purchase today which is going to distract me from knitting my gloves this weekend. You recall my musings on creating my own advent calendar this year? Well, I was out scouring shops for my swap package and found these:

Tiny craft clothes pegs! With numbers attached in cute red hearts!
They were only a pound! Bargain. Now I need to decide how to arrange them and what to hang from them!

4 comments:

  1. The clothes pegs are fabulous, I can't wait to see how you use them.

    Good luck with all your projects this week. At least you spotted the Hypernova mistake before getting too far away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, I had to frog back 4 pattern repeats in my socks this week to fix a mistake!

    And it looks like you're getting on well with the poncho, I'm impressed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you've had a bad week.  I love the idea of putting projects on the naughty step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little bit sheepish6 November 2011 at 08:39

    Secret gift projects can be a pain when you want to blog them but have to keep them a secret, will look forward to seeing them. Hope you have been able to whip your badly behaved projects into shape

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...