Ravelry tells me I started working on this project on September 30th. I have mentioned it on the blog before, just the once, a few days later.
Copyright Paola Navarro
At that stage, I had just done the basic head shape, and was very excited by the pattern and the clever shaping Paola uses. Unfortunately, I then fell foul of having too many WIPs on the go, and since I didn't have to get it done till Christmas, I sort of left this one off to one side for most of October.
Over the last couple of days I've picked it back up, though, and have now made pretty good progress. The head, eyes, ears and body are all done. All I've got left are the legs, arms, tail and hat, and then I can sew it all together! I am very pleased with my colour choices; the grey really works for the fur and I struck lucky with my two shades of pink for the clothes.
Working DK yarn with a 2.5mm hook creates a really dense, stiff fabric, which is great for the shaping and the overall durability of the finished item, but it doesn't half play hell with your hands! My fingers are aching by the time I'm done working on it for the day!