Thursday 26 January 2012

Comfort knitting

With all the stress of the weekend, I really wanted some relaxing, comforting knitting time. None of my current projects fitted the bill; cherry wrap is getting dull, and I didn't want to wrestle with dpns so the gloves were out too. I happened to glance up at my stash, and spotted my ball of Rowan Big Wool in a gorgeous shade of purple. I know I said I wasn't going to cast on any more year of projects things until I'd finished the existing wips, but I couldn't resist.


It's 198yds of heaven. My first triangle shawl! Just complicated enough to keep my brain occupied, the yarn is so soft and lovely to work with. I'm almost at the end of the first repeat of the body; as the rows are still quite short it is going quite quickly. I'm sure it will slow right up as the stitch count increases! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

  1. I'm in a comfort knitting mode too- I just nixed a pair of complicated mittens for a much more sedate...cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love starting triangles, you feel like you're flying, then it gets big and you just think "why god why!!"

    :D  looking forward to your progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have plans to make one of these. I figure, if I can manage the 400 yard shawls, I shouldn't have a problem with 200 yards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to knit 198 yards of heaven. It looks like such a quick and entertaining project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comfort knitting sounds the a good idea, and the shawl is looking pretty already :) I've only made one shawl, the first part flew by and then everything slowed down to a snails pace as the rows got longer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you.  Lovely shade and interesting design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I love that yarn, its perfect for a big squishy shawl. And comfort knitting is needed sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm comfort knitting.  I think I need to do some of that soon.  BTW, how easy was it to blog from your phone?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...