Friday 13 January 2012

Friday quickie

Friday means showing off finished projects, and this week I have some dishcloths I knit earlier on in the week.

Forgive my not so great instagram photo, but it was late

I had about 40g of Lily Sugar'n'Cream left over from my earlier attempts at dishcloths, so decided to use it up making two more basic cloths. These are the same size as the first one I knit, but more pink. I still need to weave the ends in, though, before I start using them!

I am surprised at how much use I've been getting out of my knit dishcloths. I will definitely be ordering more cotton soon! Although I think a cheaper option than this American cotton is to get Rico Creative Cotton in bulk from eBay - plain colours, but then I can experiment more with dishcloth patterns. I've got my eye on a few Doctor Who themed ones!

Last reminder - my blogiversary giveaway entry closes at midnight this Sunday, winner to be announced on Monday! I can't believe how popular it has been - over 60 entries - and I can't wait to find out who has won.

6 comments:

  1. I've just dashed one of these off, for a birthday present.  I may make one for myself so I can see what all the fuss is about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually never knitted dishcloths, partly because I HATE knitting with cotton (why won't it stretch??????) and partly because I'm convinced that I'll never use them. But now I'm pretty knit-less, waiting for an order to come in from knitpicks, and I think I have some cotton WAY in the back of the stash. Maybe. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are some crazy striping cloths too! But they are super cute and I'm sure that they are very useful. Although, the cotton cloths I've made in the past did not wear very well for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like 'em. They're stripey and they look sturdy enough to be *used*. Mine never do :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are in the process of a kitchen redo and the first thing on my list to do when it is done is to make new dishcloths and potholders!  Really like yours, but I need to go the crochet route.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They really are useful.  I've actually had requests for them for birthdays/Christmas presents, the ladies in my family love them. 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...