Wednesday 11 January 2012

Wednesday sure comes around quickly!

I think I'm still struggling to get my head around a normal five day working week, after all the disruption of Christmas bank holidays! It seems like it's been less than a week since it was Wednesday...

You'd think my WIP progress this week would be all excitement over my second glove. It's not. I haven't even cast on yet! What I have done is knit some more dishcloths (come back on Friday, I might have woven my ends in by then) and get out my crochet hook again.

Sticking to my plan to finish my Year of Projects WIPs, I dug out the Cherry Wrap from its semi-hibernation and got hooking.

Not the greatest photo, but it's late and I'm tired, so it's the best I've got!
I've finished the three main panels (back, left front and right front) and all I have left are two sleeves. I've started the first already. All I need to do now is not run out of yarn before I'm finished! Each panel took about two and a half skeins, and I've got 4 left after I finish the part skein I'm working with now. So I should have enough, with enough spare to do all the seaming.

Oddly enough, it's not the seaming that's got me worried, it's the blocking. I'm going to have to block all the pieces before I seam them together, and I've never blocked anything this big in one go before.

11 comments:

  1. Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you start working on a long neglected project again? Blocking scares me too, just be careful and patient, and I'm sure it will turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wrap is lovely! I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made wonderful progress on that project.  It's really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful. My blocking advice- pull out the measuring tape...better yet, pull out five!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do this!  I hope that you come right

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two words: BLOCKING WIRES.  They will make blocking much less of a nightmare.  I remember life before I go mine and it makes me shudder with dread.  With something big and square I use a piece of gingham fabric so I can line the wires up with the checks on the fabric.  I think I got my wires from iKnit, (http://www.iknitshop.org.uk/knit-and-lace-blocking-wires-kit.ir?cName=haberdashery-accessories) but I just found some on HULU too, (http://www.hulucrafts.co.uk/accessories/blocking-tools.htm)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, you've made tonnes of progress! Good luck with the blocking :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do be careful.  Second glove syndrome is the same as second sock syndrome.  You don't want to end up with one lonely glove :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Cherry Wrap is going to be gorgeous! Don't be too nervous about the blocking, you can do it! 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the blocking goes well, I'm sure it will.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get that glove done!  It's too pretty to just let one of them linger like that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...