Wednesday 5 January 2011

WIP Wednesday

Wednesday already! It doesn't feel like a week has gone by since I last posted my WIPs; bank holidays do such funny things to one's perception of time.

So, not much progress made on my amigurumi this week (read: no progress at all), but I have been flying through the granny rectangle afghan.

When I posted pics of it last week, I was working on round 11 (2nd blue round). Last night, when I put it down before bed, I had just started round 29 (4th purple round). It grows very quickly indeed!


I'd say I'm not quite halfway through now - I want it to be big enough that it covers the sofa entirely, so that me and J can snuggle underneath it quite comfortably when we watch TV. It's a lovely project to work on in the cold weather, though, as it keeps me very warm when it's all piled up on my lap!

That's it for my WIP Wednesday, but head on over to Tami's Amis to see lots more!

6 comments:

  1. I really like those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks great! You've done so much of it already. I love my granny stripe blanket for tv watching, but I haven't worked on it in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *off topic* is that your cat in the header? What an expression! Isn't he dramatic. (In a good way). Your afghan looks lovely, the colours go so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the nice comments! I'm glad it's not just me who loves this blanket!

    *off topic some more* yes Susie, that's my cat, Mr Fidget. He's gorgeous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect time of year for making an afghan. Yours is cheerful as well as warm. Isn't it great when a big project keeps your attention so well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty, vibrant colors. Love it! Winter is my favorite time to make afghans and blankets.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...