It's Friday, I have a finished object to share. And what is more, it's my first finish for the Year of Projects!
Project: Black eyed pea
Pattern: Sweet Pea Shawl by Amie Hirtes
Yarn: King Cole Bamboo Cotton in black, 2.7 skeins in total
So the pattern calls for aran weight yarn, I've used DK. To make sure it was still big enough, I increased the starting chain by 50 to give me an extra five shells in the first row. So my shawl is 25 shell rows long, not 20. It's the perfect size.
I don't think I'm going to attempt to block it - the weight of the yarn will keep the shell stitches open and looking pretty. The pattern suggests adding tassles, one to each point on each edge shell. But I don't think tassles are the look I'm after (I will be wearing this to a wedding, after all). When I was starting out, I used my stitch markers to keep count, and they looked so pretty dangling from the yarn, I've decided to make some special dangly beady things to clip on in place of tassles. That way I can dress it up and dress it down, depending on the occasion. I will likely add this shawl to my LARP kit when I'm done wearing it to weddings!
And the obligatory stretched-out-over-a-window shot:
For more FOs, click on Tami's banner at the top of my post.