Friday 7 October 2011

FO roundup



I've finished a couple of little projects over the last couple of weeks that have yet to make it onto the blog. Since all of my WIPs are either snoozing or taking forever, I thought I'd sneak them in this week!

A dishcloth! Have I levelled up in knitting again?
First up is a basic garter stitch dishcloth using the Grandmother's Favourite pattern. I used some of the Lily Sugar'n Cream I bought from Hulu when I got the blocking kit. I increased to 36 stitches, so it's a bit smaller than suggested by the pattern. On Wednesday I knit a second one in the same yarn, but smaller (only 28 stitches at widest point), which is the perfect size for using on my face. I plan to knit more, perhaps in different designs, so we have a few to rotate in the kitchen. Anyone got any favourite dishcloth patterns? I seem to enjoy knitting them; they're a great quick and easy knit, a good project for when I want something to do with my hands but not my brain.


Cross-eyed crab.
I had intended to finish this one a while ago (I started it on 8th August!) but only got the eyes done before I got really busy with other things. I made a conscious decision a couple of weeks ago to get it finished, and here it is!

The pattern is Tipper the Tiny Crab from Stacey Trock's Rainbow Amigurumi eBook. I downloaded the PDF as soon as it was released, mainly for this pattern and for Ro the Tiny Monster. I haven't done the monster yet. I used some acrylic DK from my stash, in hot pink and white (I know, it looks kinda red in the pics, but that's because my camera refused to pick up the colour properly).

I've sewn him together kinda wonky, so he looks a bit cross-eyed and his claws are a bit funny looking as well. But he's cute, and he looks really sweet on the shelf next to the time out crab I made last year!

Remember this little fella?

Tami's is the place to go to see more finished projects! Head on over and take a peek!

22 comments:

  1. A little bit sheepish7 October 2011 at 07:46

    Thanks for the link to Ro the tiny monster, I am going to have to make that for my neice (she is called Ro, tiny and sometimes a monster!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cross eyed crab is adorable :)  I've yet to succumb to the lure of knitting dishcloths, but I am tempted. I'm just put off by the whole cotton thing - I hate knitting with cotton (how was the sugar and cream, I've heard it's actually quite nice?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar'n Cream was lovely to work with! It's really soft. Much nicer to work in worsted weight cotton than 4ply though; when I did my fingerless gloves from Patons 4ply 100% cotton that was like crocheting with string.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cross eyed crab is so cute! I love him, I have a slight lazy/wandering eye so I can relate to him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww that crab is so cute! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green top I was making was Patons 100% cotton 4ply, which is why it is in the eternal timeout! It really isn't nice at all, but I have heard good things about sugar n cream, so I may take your word for it and have a go (once my stash reduction plans are further along of course!), I really want to try dishcloths ;) Thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice dishcloth! Grandmother's favourite is my favourite as well, but there's a nice variation from Jana Trent here:

    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/eloomanators-diagonal-knit-dishcloth

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh that one looks lovely in the stripey sugar'n cream, I'll definitely give that one a go, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Doctor Who cloths! Will have to get my hands on some solid colours for those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks great! I just love the little crab.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the way the Sugar and Cream worked up into that dishcloth.  The way those cotton variegates work up totally differently in knit and crochet is fascinating to me. 

    And eee, Tipper the crab!  I love Stacey's patterns, and he's adorable, his kind-of-googly eyes are awesome and I love his friendly-looking claws.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE!!!
    And... Tipper isn't cross-eyed, he's just being silly :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw all your crabs are adorable! I love knitting dishcloths too, they're a really nice project to squeeze in when you just need something to relax with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those crabs are gorgeous. I love them :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those crabs are too cute! Dishcloths are great to knit...especially if you want something with quick results.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is loads of crochet this week! I am loving the crab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kristianna Thorson-Sharma7 October 2011 at 20:31

    Adorable crabs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That crab is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the cross eyed crab. Very cute! Especially when he will be making faces on the shelf next to timeout crab!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful job on the toys!  Love how you pick bright, smiling colors.  Awesome how you didn't overstuff them either.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute crab.  I'm glad I'm not the only one whose camera doesn't always get the colour right!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wasn't a huge fan of that colourway in the Sugar n Cream when it arrived, but knit up, I love it. Weird how that happens. The purple one I've bought is striping up much more neatly too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...