Tuesday 18 October 2011

Another blogging milestone reached!

Earlier in the year I celebrated my 100th post with a blog award. A few days ago, I noticed I was getting very close to reaching another blogging milestone - 10,000 pageviews! I was fairly sure that with another post this morning, I would hit that quite easily, and I was right.

Not only did I reach the milestone, I managed to open my Blogger
dashboard at the moment I did!
A celebration is in order then. I had considered some sort of giveaway, but as my one year "blogiversary" is fast approaching, and I'm in the middle of arranging a secret swap package, I will hold off on that one until after Christmas (for my blogiversary is on Boxing Day!).

Instead, I am going to vicariously steal a blog post idea from the lovely Natalie over at Misadventures in Craft, as she did a great post on Monday analysing her blogger stats. I wouldn't have got to 10,000 page views without you, my lovely readers, so lets find out a little bit about where you come from, and how you find your way here.

Unsurprisingly, the majority of my visitors are from the United States of America (4,510 pageviews) closely followed by my British readers (3,323 pageviews). Canada (519), Germany (260) and Australia (145) make up the top five, with the rest spread across the world, as far away as Russia, Israel and Latvia!

I've written 179 post so far, so the average view-per-post is sitting at around 56 views. However, some posts are more popular than others; the most viewed post is an FO post from February, which featured several small projects including my elephant amigurumis for my work colleague's baby boy. I'm not surprised this post is the most visited, considering my most popular Google search term is elmer the elephant. There is a picture of Elmer on that post, you see, so I imagine it comes up in Google image searches a fair bit.

Speaking of search terms, my most popular ones seem to be fairly sensible and mostly knit/crochet related. I want to make a bag with hello kitty face on it unsurprisingly brings up hits on my page about my Hello Kitty bag, and tree of life crochet will take you to updates on the progress of the Tree of Life cushion I made for another little baby boy. Most of my bizarre search terms I can't see from the basic Blogger stats now, because they've only been used once or twice. My favourite search term used so far though, is still Ye Liveliest Awefulness. I smile to imagine someone searching for info on the Lovecraft stories being somewhat confused at clicking through to my blog, to be confronted with a shot of Jamie wearing his Cthulhu beard hat.

Google isn't my main traffic source though. That's Ravelry. Between the Year of Projects post threads, and the WIP Wednesday/FO Friday post threads in the Blog Hub group, Ravelry accounts for 1,249 direct links. Tami's is a close second, with 1,128; hardly surprising when she hosts the WIP Wednesday and FO Friday Mr Linky! Also, I think, the main reason why I have more American readers than British ones.

There you have it then, a snapshot of my blog's viewing stats to celebrate my 10,000th page view! Only 69 days to go till my Blogiversary! Reckon I'll hit 200 posts before that!


9 comments:

  1. Congrats on 10,000 views :) I've literally just past mine, and I think my blogiversary is a couple of weeks before yours - so funny how we've matched each other's progress!

    I love seeing the stats, it was fun to do my post but it's even more fun to see someone else's (could it be that I am a bit nosy?!) I love the idea of the confused people finding your Cthulhu hat, same as on mine people searching for David Bowie/Labyrinth stuff get confronted with some yarn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrates! That's a great milestone.  Love reading and seeing what you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it almost makes me want to go and find some other random fandom that isn't already well serviced by the knitting community, just to screw with their searches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo! I should check my blogger stats one of these days...

    Now, for some fun :) I've decided that you needed the Versatile Blogger award. If you go visit my blog, you'll find out more about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - Crafts From The Cwtch18 October 2011 at 17:47

    Congratulations! 

    You know, I'm almost at my 200th post and was going to pinch this idea from Misadventures in Craft too :) Great minds, and all that! 

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on another milestone and on nearing your blog birthday! Very fun to explore some of your stats with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stats are nothing to sneeze at!!  I have found blogging about my love of knitting and reading others' blogs (like yours) is a sweet part of my day.  Enjoy this great milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of unsuspecting people landing on your blog. The funniest search term I got was 'girl shearing sheep's testicles'.  The mind boggles when one tries to work out why someone was searching for this! 

    ReplyDelete
  9. very interesting!  I often analyse my stats to figure out why on earth people are visiting me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...