Tuesday 11 October 2011

Yarn choice - help required!



I have another dilemma that needs your assistance! I want to cast on my Leafy Fingerless Gloves as soon as I can, because ideally I want them finished and ready to wear by the 18th November. I will be at our Winter Event that weekend, you see, and it is likely to be very cold! My posh lace fingerless gloves are not likely to be warm enough.

Thanks to the genius that is the UK RAK group on Ravelry, and the kindness of Lisa Jane at Yarnsville, I have the 2.25mm DPNs I need for them. I just need to choose a colour and I can get started.

A reminder of what the gloves look like. Copyright Laura Peveler

I don't want to knit them in black, because I don't particularly like working in black at the best of times, and with tiny needles and a first go at DPNs, I don't think it's a great idea. However, they need to be a fairly neutral/natural colour, if I'm to get away with them as in character costume pieces.

I will be using Knit Picks Palette from Great British Yarns. I've narrowed the choice down to four. (images taken from the GBY website).


Bark
Bittersweet
Ivy
Navy


























So what do you think? Let me know which you prefer, and hopefully by the weekend there'll be a unanimous verdict and I can order the yarn.

14 comments:

  1. I love the bittersweet colour, thats my fav but if thats a little too close to black for you I'd opt for the bark as my second choice. HTH :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all gorgeous, but bittersweet is my favourite (closely followed by bark - beautiful rich brown). 

    Of course, Ivy fits the pattern, being green (in case that's something you look for!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little bit sheepish11 October 2011 at 13:40

    Lovely choices, I think I would have to go for ivy, but that is because I am not overly imaginative and think leaves= green, although I guess leaves also =brown at this time of year so bark is good too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - Crafts From The Cwtch11 October 2011 at 14:13

    Of those I like the Ivy too, although I'm feeling autumnal so my first choice if I were knitting them would be a rusty orange/brown :)  

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agrre with the others.  The Ivy would work best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, if I were making these for mememememe, I'd probably go with either the Ivy or the Bittersweet (but I definitely wouldn't say, "no" to the other two).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Preferred: Ivy (although I think the leafy pattern is influencing this choice)
    Runner up: Navy (it just seems to glow!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a green lover but even I would go with the ivy on these mitts.  Navy would be my second choice.  Love the pattern of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bark or Ivy here. Although I love the Bittersweet too, the leaves sway me to a more nature colour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE those leafy mitts. I've added them to my faves. Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...