Friday 14 October 2011

I Love Yarn Day

According to the Craft Yarn Council of America, today is I Love Yarn Day. Sounds awfully gimmicky to me, but since it's Friday and I don't have an FO to share (as Thinking of Me hasn't even started the blocking process yet!), I'm going to hijack this phoney day of yarn celebration to show of some of the newer additions to my stash.


First up, I know I only waxed lyrical about it two days ago, but I still can't get enough of my Wollmeise 80/20 Twin sock yarn. It's gorgeous! So soft and smooth and lovely, and the colours. My word, the colours. I have some better pictures for you.

Just imagine that the outside of my yarn cake does the pretty criss-cross thing, ok.

Look at those colours! Aren't they divine? It looks even better knitted up as well.

Not quite all of the way through the first chart now.

So pretty. And so easy to knit with! Reading the stitches is simple, and fixing it when I go wrong (only a couple of times so far!) is no big deal either. In fact, I'm so in love with the Wollmeise, that I managed to acquire another skein. One of the ladies at our knit night was doing a bit of a destash, and as soon as I spotted the Wollmeise in the list I snapped it up. There were two skeins, but I thought that would be a bit excessive. There was a bright green skein, and a bright orange/yellow one. Guess which one I went for...

The colourway is Sonne, but this is a We're Different skein.


I have no idea what it will become. I'm not interested in knitting socks with it, so it will likely be a scarf or shawl. But I'm not sure what yet. I will let it sit on the shelf for a while, until it tells me what it wants to be.


Finally, I want to thank everyone who helped me pick out a colour for my Leafy Fingerless Gloves. The decision was fairly unanimous in the end, and today in the post arrived two lovely balls of Knit Picks Palette in this gorgeous colour:


Yes, the ivy was the winner. And I am very happy with the choice, because in the flesh it is absolutely stunning. The gloves will be beautiful, as long as I do a decent job of knitting them up!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous. Someday, I shall have some Wollmeise as lovely as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these colors rock.  I love that there's a I Love Yarn day b/c knitting and crocheting are everywhere and why not celebrate and acknowledge yarn and what we do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love the Wollmeise! I have never seen any in real life so may have to treat myself one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little bit sheepish14 October 2011 at 21:43

    Oooh, lovely new stash additions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors are so wonderfully intense -- lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still super jealous of that gorgeous new Wollmeise ;) The purple is knitting up beautifully too, love the range of colours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...