Friday 23 December 2011

Not quite the last FO of the year..

Last minute Christmas preparations today almost made me forget about FO Friday! You see, we had decided that we weren't going to do presents this year, so I hadn't done anything about making/buying presents for Jamie. Then, I came home from work last night to discover he'd sneaked two presents into the tree for me! So I had to face the madness of town this afternoon and pick him up some gifts.

I did make use of my hour or so of being awake and up before him this morning to make a little something, but I can't really show you that until he's seen it, so I'll share that next week!

This FO post is for my baby hat, the other half of my present for the Brown baby due next year.


Pattern: Simple Baby Hat by Alison Williams
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino
Needles: 4mm DPNs

I reversed the colours for the hat, starting in purple and then switching to red. I could have carried on with the purple for a bit longer, I think, as with all the decrease rounds the red section is almost twice as long! I did suffer a little with laddering between my needles on this project, which I hadn't encountered when using DPNs before. But it didn't affect the overall look by the time I'd finished, so I'm not too worried.


I knit the newborn size, which looks huge compared to the size the booties came out! The second pair of booties are on the needles, so hopefully this gift will be finished before too long.

Head on over to Tami's for more FOs!

3 comments:

  1. Such sweet knits. I am sure they will be very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so cute! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hat with the matching slippers.  Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...