Sunday 18 December 2011

Year of Projects update - December 18th


I can't believe we're nearly half way through this project now! As next Sunday is Christmas Day, I suspect I will be too busy to write an update (and you'll all be too busy to read it), so this is going to be my last Year of Projects update in 2011.

I started out in July with a list of twenty knit or crochet projects that I wanted to make. I modified the list, taking four off and adding five more. In the last six months I have cast on/hooked for 11 projects from my list, which means I've started just over 50% of the list. Of those eleven, I've finished six. 30% complete!

Here's a round up of my finishes:

Sweet Pea Shawl - made for a wedding and now seeing daily use as a scarf
Crochet Lacy Wrap - now part of my LRP costume
Victorian Scarf - haven't worn it yet!
Jane Austen Shawl - worn to a wedding, and a couple of times since
as a scarf to brighten up an outfit
Thinking of You scarf - I have been wearing this
in the current cold weather
Free Rapunzel hat - I wear this a lot!
Maybe I would be further through my list if I hadn't managed to distract myself with so many other projects! According to my Ravelry page, I've completed 12 other projects since July, and have four non-YoP WIPs currently on needles/hooks alongside the five unfinished WIPs from the list!

I'm going to try my best to resist the urge to cast on things which aren't on my list, at least for the first few months of the new year. I may also have to revise the list down a bit, and cut some of the projects that are either going to be too expensive (like the Diamonds Shawl, which will require me to buy a book just for that pattern, and expensive yarn to make it from) or just wont get used/worn (such as the Pineapple Monokini, which was only on the list because it was so silly).

I am also hoping that I can take advantage of all these Christmas Bank Holidays to get some serious knitting time in. I reckon if I focus I should be able to finish the Cherry Wrap and make some very decent headway on the gloves and my latest cast on, the ribbed lace bolero.

12 comments:

  1. I love all your completed projects, well done on them, many of which having seen I've added to my fav list lol. I really love the Jane Austen shawl. I hope you get lots of serious knitting in over the holidays and I wish you a very Merry Christmas.
    You made good progress on your list and I think I to will be reviewing my list and seeing what to leave and what to take away or swap. Time and money playing the factors in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea doing a round up of what you've finished so far :) It's so hard to refrain from starting things on the list even though we all know there's a good 6 months left on the list! I thought about adding things to my list but I, too, keep getting distracted by NON YoP projects (and big ones, too, like blankets!) Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely round up. I really like the thinking of you scarf.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great summary! It was lovely being reminded of some of your projects.
    I know exactly what you mean about the lure of the off-liste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore how many lacy creations you've got here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the black shawl, and The Victorian scarf....you've done well with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on so many finishes!  I love the Thinking of You scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas! I tend to get more accomplished in the January and February once the Christmas craziness is over; maybe you will too! Really, you're not serious about the pineapple Monokini? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hullo!  I've passed a blog award onto you:  http://omlair.blogspot.com/2011/12/whats-best-way-to-say-omigosh-somebody.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really don't think you should remove the monokini from the list! Ok, well, maybe ;)

    I didn't do the YoP purely because I knew I would change my list 100 times, and cast on all sorts of other projects instead, so I'm impressed with how many from your list you have done/started :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow you've been busy! isn't keeping goals awesome =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it wonderful to show off all your YOPs!?  You've done a grand job -- each is lovely.  I suppose I've cheated over the last six months by adding projects to my original YOP list.  I won't tell if you don't!  Merry Christmas and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...