Wednesday 15 February 2012

The return of WIP Wednesday and the Yarn Along

It's been a few weeks since I've been organised enough to post a WIP Wednesday/Yarn Along actually on a Wednesday!


I'm on a bit of a dishcloth craze at the moment (hardly surprising, given I recently took delivery of a large bag of Rico cotton in wonderfully bright colours). This is the Angels Have The Blue Box pattern, which obviously I am doing in blue.


The enlargening of my square granny blanket is progressing slowly. I am on the tenth round of my adding, and am now starting to scratch my head over which colours to use next. Whoever made the original blanket had quite an eclectic selection so I'm sure whatever I use won't look out of place!


As for the reading part - I'm loving my new kindle so much! It makes reading and eating at the same time so much easier. I'm over halfway through The Count of Monte Cristo now, and enjoying it very much. Although, I have to say, I am starting to get a bit confused over who everyone is, how they are connected to each other and exactly how Monte Cristo's revenge is going to pan out. I have to finish it soon though, as the film is currently available on Sky Anytime and Jamie is desperate for us to watch it!

Reading this is forming part of my not-yet-publicised reading challenge for the year. I realised there are a lot of classic novels I haven't read, so am determined to read as many of them as I can. I've made a list, and have downloaded quite a few of them to the kindle already. The good thing about classics is a lot of them are in the public domain now, so the e-books are free! Come find me on Goodreads to see what I've already read this year.

Head over to Tami's for more works in progress, and to Ginny's for more yarn along posts.

18 comments:

  1. Your dishccloth is looking great, it is a lovely colour of blue. I agree with the granny square, whatever colour you pick will be fine...its looking awesome already.

    Glad to hear your enjoy your new kindle, I wonder if you can crochet and read at the same time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Count of Monte Cristo is brilliant, well worth persevering with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that blue yarn! Perfect for the dishcloth

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should use orange for the next colour of course *laughs*

    Love the colour of the dishcloth, that really is tardis blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dishcloth is on my list too!!! love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at those WIP! I love how you are working on a little bitty project and also a HUGE project. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have made "The Angels Have the Blue Box" and it turned out lovely.....too bad I sent it off for a swap :( I'll have to make another one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Count of Monte Cristo is my favourite book of all time.  Such an epic tale!  Nothing better than a hand knit dishcloth, and the blanket looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah - Crafts from the Cwtch15 February 2012 at 17:42

    So glad to hear you're loving the Kindle! I've been reading so much since I got mine. I've just added you on Goodreads too *stalk* 

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG - I hadn't seen that pattern until now - I may have to make that for my son!!!  Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't go wrong with the never ending granny, you could throw all your yarn in a dark colored bag and just reach in a grab and use whatever you come up with instead of thinking about which color.  Love the blue cloth, such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your dishcloth! Great color! And your blanket is so fun!!! Happy knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so agree with you about the Kindle! It is nice to eat and read at the same time and just having to gently push a button is so nice. I also like to use it when reading at night as it's not heavy on my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hee! a TARDIS dishcloth - that's great! And my husband and I listened through all of "The Count of Monte Cristo" about a year ago. I was surprised by how much I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a recent Kindle convert too...although I still love my books. I love that the classics are free. I also keep my knitting patterns on my Kindle, and love that I can make notes, or highlight sections of the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work! I've been in granny square mode myself lately, and am just getting ready to dive into some cotton dishcloths for a birthday present!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got my Kindle a week or so ago, and I am absolutely in love with it.  Moreover, I'm doing the same thing you are--getting around to reading those classics and so grateful for their being in public domain.  I'm currently reading Jane Eyre, and enjoying it. :)  


    I think while I'm too exhausted to do much else (in the way of knitting or crocheting) during my move, I will likely rely on my Kindle and iPod for sanity's sake.

    I love how the colors on the blanket go together, btw!  Good luck finding more colors to work in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great activities!
    I like reading on my husband's Kindle; haven't lately tho.  I get too addicted and then I don't knit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...