Friday 17 February 2012

Swaptastic FO

Bit of an unusual FO to share this week. My plans laid on Sunday, to concentrate on my leafy fingerless gloves this week and get them finished... well that didn't happen. They haven't moved on a single stitch.

What I have done, is finish 198yds of heaven! My first triangle shawl is off the needles. No pictures, because it's currently a sad looking, crumpled mess. When it's been prettified through the magic of blocking I will share it with you.

Instead, I'm going to point you elsewhere to see my latest FO being revealed one step at a time. Last month I signed up to a swap in The Blog Hub group on Ravelry, and I sent out my parcel last weekend. I was over the moon when the draw for the swap was done, as my allocated recipient was none other than my alter ego, Natalie over at Misadventures in Craft. We had to send 7 individual gifts, intended to be opened and blogged on a different day over a week. Nat's on day three now, so head on over to her blog to see what I put in her parcel!

If you head over to Tami's, you'll hopefully see some more traditional FOs on display!

3 comments:

  1. I really cannot wait to see your 198 yds of heaven! I love the idea behind that pattern, I think that more like it need to be designed! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your shawl :)

    Today's parcel was super exciting, I've wanted Candy Skein yarn since Tami started dyeing it, and now I have some of my very own! You are an excellent swap sender!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, the texture on that shawl is gorgeous, I can't wait to see it blocked!  (And thanks for the "you will need more pins than you think" tip about blocking, which is something I'll keep in mind as the shawl I'm making snails its way to the blocking phase.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...